As a part of its lifestyle series of “Top 10” articles, Yahoo! has also touched upon the gambling industry. Last week, the portal revealed its top picks for the best casinos in the US. Unsurprisingly, the top two casinos are located in America’s gambling capital – Las Vegas, Nevada.
That’s not the end of the Nevada-based casino that made it to Yahoo’s list. A casino from Reno is also on the list. Then, there are two casinos from Atlantic City, New Jersey, as well as two from Arizona. The remaining three are from Connecticut, Oklahoma, and Mississippi.
Yahoo’s 10 Best Casinos in the US
The list comprises the following ten gambling establishments:
- Bellagio Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada
- ARIA Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Atlantis Casino Resort Spa in Reno, Nevada
- Borgata Hotel Casino and Spa in Atlantic City, New Jersey
- Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City, New Jersey
- Gila River Resorts & Casinos at Wild Horse Pass in Chandler, Arizona
- Talking Stick Resort & Casino in Scottsdale, Arizona
- Foxwoods Resort Casino in Mashantucket, Connecticut
- WinStar World Casino and Resort in Thackerville, Oklahoma
- Island View Casino Resort in Gulfport, Mississippi
To create this list, Yahoo! factored in everything from the size of the gambling floor to how good the service is.
Las Vegas Casinos Leading the Way
Yahoo! put Bellagio Resort & Casino in the #1 place as the best casino in the United States. With its iconic fountains, impeccable service, and a plethora of non-gambling activities, Bellagio is the top pick not just for gamblers but also for regular tourists.
Just behind it is ARIA Resort and Casino, another high-end establishment located on the Las Vegas Strip. In fact, this casino is located right next to Bellagio.
Although it’s not in Vegas, Atlantis Casino Resort Spa is another casino in Nevada that’s made it to the list. Sitting in the #3 position, this integrated resort is located in Reno, just south of the highway connecting the city with Sacramento and San Francisco in northern California.
Atlantic City Casino Rule the East Coast
There are nine casinos currently operating in Atlantic City, and two of them have made it to Yahoo’s list of the 10 best casinos in the US. Those are Borgata Hotel Casino and Spa and Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, thanks to which AC remains the east coast gambling capital.
Speaking of the eastern coast of the United States, there’s just one more casino located in this region that got a place on Yahoo’s list. The casino in question is Foxwoods Resort Casino, a tribal casino owned and operated by the Mashantucket Pequot.