A lucky gambler won nearly $3 million on slots at The Venetian on the Las Vegas Strip. The exact figure is $2,835,768, which the lucky winner – who decided to stay anonymous – won after betting just $5.88, proving that seven-figure wins are possible even when gambling pocket money.
The gambler hit the jackpot playing a slot game called Dancing Drums Explosion at one of more than 1,800 fruit machines at the Venetian.
This win is one of the biggest jackpots in 2022 but is far from being the biggest win in the history of Las Vegas. In fact, there are dozens of gamblers who have won 10-times (or more) the amount of The Venetian player.
Biggest Fruit Machine Wins in the History of Vegas
Slots are the most popular casino games in Las Vegas. Players love them cause they’re fun to play and don’t require too much money, while also giving them a chance to win huge jackpots. And we really mean huge! There are some lucky slots players that have cashed-in tens of millions of dollars.
To prove our point, here are the top three biggest wins in the history of Las Vegas:
- $39.7 Million at Excalibur Casino – A lucky gambler from Los Angeles hit the biggest slots jackpot in history, winning nearly $40 million. The player did it at Excalibur Casino where he had spent only $100 on the Megabucks slot before hitting the jackpot.
- $35 Million at Desert Inn – The second-largest jackpot win in Las Vegas was the work of Cynthia Jay Brennan, who won $35 million in 2000. Once again, the multimillionaire-making machine was Megabucks, which she played at Desert Inn, a casino that was a part of Wynn Las Vegas at the time.
- $27.6 Million at Palace Station Casino – A lucky pensioner hit the jackpot at Palace Station Casino in 1998, after spending $300 on slots. Guess which game they played? You’ve guessed it – Megabucks.
Biggest Online Casino Wins of All Time
Megabucks is a progressive jackpot slot that’s turned a number of people into millionaires. This fruit machine doesn’t have its own internet version, but this doesn’t mean online slots players haven’t won millions.
On the contrary, in the relatively short history of online gaming, a huge number of gamblers have hit ginormous jackpots. The most notable examples are the following:
- €19.4 Million – A lucky player from Belgium won a €19.4 million jackpot, which at the time, was equal to $23.6 million. They did it while playing a Microgaming-powered slot game called Mega Moolah at an online gambling site called Napoleon Sports & Casino.
- €17.8 Million – It was 2013 when a Finnish player won the jackpot playing NetEnt’s Mega Fortune at PAF.com. The most interesting fact about this win is that the player had only wagered 225 cents before hitting the jackpot.
If all this jackpot talk has put you in the mood for online gambling, follow the link to see the list of the best progressive jackpot slots you can play in 2022.